Recognized as one of the most efficient and powerful Muslim World trade platform, the 5th OIC World BIZ ‘Business & Investment Zone’ Exhibition & Conference 2014 (formerly known as the Muslim World BIZ) with its theme ‘TOWARDS EXCELLENT GLOBAL ECONOMIES’, being held on the 10-14 November 2014, was recently launched and officiated by Y.B. Datuk Haji Ahmad Maslan, the Deputy Minister of Finance Malaysia with the attendance of Ambassadors/High Commissioners and representatives from over 200 local and international organisations at the Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur.
“The time to engage in the Muslim World economy is now. Globally, the Muslim population is forecast to grow about twice the rate of the non-Muslim population over the next two decades. The current trend shows that Muslims will make up 26.4% of the world’s total projected population of 8.3 billion in 2030. Some studies even reported that Muslims will be the majority in numerous countries in Europe by the year 2050,” Dato’ Dr. Raja Mohamad Abdullah, Chairman of the OIC World BIZ, said during his welcoming speech.
“The EU and Americas are very well aware of the Muslim World economy development and its population growth. That is why more of Europeans, the Americas and other non-Islamic countries are into the Islamic products such as halal, sukuk and Islamic finance while at the same time the EPAs and TPAs are strongly being promoted around the world. If the Muslim countries do not leverage their OIC membership and the platform offered now, by the time the Muslim market is in full throttle it will be too late to invest or expand your business there,” added the Chairman.
The OIC World BIZ are seen supported by notable organisations such as MATRADE, Takaful Malaysia, AmBank, AWC Berhad, IIUM, METACO (Iran based company), Kamar Dagang dan Industri (Indonesian foreign investment organisation), Silver Plus (Thailand based company), S-Team Solutions (Brunei based company), Malaysian Reserve, FlexiRoam and more in fulfilling the success of the event and its objective.
The 5th OIC World BIZ 2014 will be expecting exhibitors and delegates from over 50 participating countries seeking business partners and potential investors. The event will feature multiple components incorporated in the main event. The forum and conferences of various segments and their related industries issues will be the key thing towards the enhancement of Muslim World economy. Those components are:
1. 3rd OIC-Asia Trade & Economic Forum 2014 – Designed to explore the prospective industries such as business investment, trading and development for building economic strength and multi-lateral business and government cooperation between the OIC Member Countries and the Asian Countries. 400 delegates are expected to attend the forum.
2. 3rd OIC Higher Education Fair 2014 – Broken into two sub-components, one is the Fair where the education institutions and related organisations may partake to exhibit its programmes and courses. Over 200 exhibitors expected to partake in the fair.
The other is the Conference where issues regarding the needs, obstacles and challenges, plans and measures, and workable strategies in higher education are being addressed by top educationists and experts of the education industry. 400 delegates are expected to attend the conference.
3. 3rd World Islamic Tourism Conference & Expo 2014 – Another component that is worth looking at the resourceful knowledge sharing session to explore the meaning of Islamic Tourism, channels and medium of promoting tourism in OIC Member Countries; and other keys to attract and sustain tourist arrivals. 400 delegates are expected to attend the conference.
The other side of it is the Expo, envisioned to be the world’s largest Islamic Tourism trade and consumer exhibition for airlines, hotels, travel agents, tourism promotion boards and other tourism industry players to promote its products and services to the participants of the event. 500 exhibitors are expected to partake in the expo.
4. Round Table Talk, The Jewels of Muslim World 2014 – This is a prestigious leadership talk looking at the attendance of some 200 global CEOs, tycoons and entrepreneurs to join the talks by the recipients of the Jewels of Muslim World Awards who are known as the “Movers and Shakers of the Muslim World Economies”. 200 delegates are expected to attend the talk.
5. 5th OIC World BIZ 2014 Exhibition Zone – The ideal Muslim World trade platform for entrepreneurs, corporate companies and leaders from all parts of the globe to partake in networking, sealing business deals, MoUs’ signing and other myriad of trade opportunities. 500 exhibitors are expected to partake in the exhibition.
The event’s highlight will be the Jewels of Muslim World Awards 2014 during the opening ceremony where the OIC Today Magazine will unveil another 10 Movers & Shakers of the Muslim World Economies in recognising the recipients’ excellence, innovation and accomplishments towards elevating the Global Islamic Economy.
The 5th OIC World BIZ 2014 is endorsed by MATRADE and organised by OIC International Business Centre Sdn Bhd with the cooperation of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), Islamic Centre for Development of Trade (ICDT) and the Association of Muslim World Business Malaysia. The event will take place from the 10 – 14 November 2014 at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. The exhibition will open from 10am – 7pm whereas the conference will start from 9am – 5pm.
For further information, please contact Sales Team at:
Tel: +603 2681 0037 Fax: +603 2681 0032