6th International Halal and Tayyib Products Conference, 7th September 2013 was held under GIMDES organization.
The highlighted and emphasized points during the conference were:
- Reliable Halal Certification bodies all over the world must be gathered under one umbrella organization for the sake of Allah. And this association can’t distribute for worldly ambition.
- Creating a single global Halal standard and provide make it applicable at once.
- Non-Muslims can’t be involved in the Halal Certification process, which totally should be under Muslims.
- GDO products cannot be allowed in the Halal Standard since they are suspicious.
- One of the biggest problems, the Muslim Halal pharmaceuticals issue, must be solved as soon as possible.
- Halal Slaughter is healthy, hygienic and has superior methods.
- Electroshock stunning in the animal slaughter should not be preferred method.
- Problems encountered by the Muslim Ummah regarding Halal Cosmetics, such as Halal, healthy, hygiene and quality problems can be resolved during Halal Certification studies.
We altogether have to hold the rope of Allah for solving Halal issues, so we have to behave according to Quran.
Speakers on the various issues are listed in the programme below:
Opening Speech Of GIMDES President Dr. Huseyin Kami Büyüközer, (GIMDES President)
“Halal and Healthy products manufacture and trade problems and its resolution proposals in the Muslims and non Muslim countries.”
1. Mazhar Hussaini, American Halal Foundation President, USA
“Halal and Healthy products manufacture and trade problems and its resolution proposals in the non Muslim countries”
2. Mufti Zubair Butt, Halal Monitoring Committee UK – “Halal certification and related problems in non-Muslim countries”
3. Prof. Dr. Gültekin ÇET?NER, Yalova University Engineering Faculty, Turkey – Halal Economy
2nd Session: Investigations of medicine and cosmetic raw materials from the Islamic perspective
Session Chairman: Prof. Dr. Hasan DO?RUYOL, Uludag University Medicine Faculty Head of Department of Pediatric Surgery, Turkey
1. M.S. Navlakhi Theological Director, SANHA, South Africa – The problems concerning development Islamic production system
2. Dr. Ilker ALAT, Afyonkarahisar Public Hospital, Turkey – Halal and Haram Relations On The Medical Applications From THe Cardiovascular Surgical Point of The View.
3. Yrd. Doç. Dr. MUSTAFA KEMAL BA?ARALI, Mersin Province Health Director, Turkey – Halal Products trade problem between Islamic countries and solution
3nd Session : Halal slaughter opinions of Muslims all in the world
Session Chairman: Doç. Dr. Serkan ÇAKIR, Abant ?zzet Baysal University Experimental Animals Implementation and Research Center, TURKEY
1. Dr. Ilker ALAT, Afyonkarahisar Public Hospital, Turkey – The Importance of Slaughtering (Cutting Throughout Neck) For Animal Sacrificing And The Medical Facts Which Make All Stunning Methods Like Electroschock, Anesthesia or Any Analgesic Interventions Haram
2. Dr. Hani Al-Maazeedi, Kuwait Scientific Research Institute, Kuwait – Halal slaughter opinions of Muslims all in the world
3. Hussain Yee, Al-Khaadem Foundation President, Malaysia – Halal slaughter opinions of Muslims all in the world
4th Session: Consumption risks for transgenic and genetically modified organisms in Islam and Health viewpoint
Session Chairman: Shaigh Thafier Najjar, ICSA Head of Religious Affairs and Vice-President, South Africa
1. Prof. Dr. Aida Ghanem, Researcher, Islamic Fiqh Legislation, PALESTINE, Halal Team of Palestine – Consumption Risks For Transgenic & Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) in Islam & Healthy Viewpoin
2. Dr.Halim Ayd?n, Deputy President of G?MDES Halal Products Research Institute, TURKEY – Consumption risks for transgenic and genetically modified organisms in Islam and Health viewpoint
3. Dr. Zuhair Mulla, Advisor, Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA), Saudi Arabia, SAUDI ARABIA – Consumption risks for transgenic and genetically modified organisms in Islam and Healthy viewpoint