The Sixth Meeting of the Accreditation Committee (AC) was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on 12-13 November 2014, hosted by Dubai Accreditation Center (DAC).
The AC Meeting was attended by the representatives of the following SMIIC AC Member States:
1. Dubai Accreditation Center (DAC)
2. National Accreditation Centre of Iran (NACI)
3. Turkish Accreditation Agency (TÜRKAK)
4. Institute for Standards of Bosnia & Herzegovina (BAS)
5. Tunisian Accreditation Council (TUNAC)
6. Egyptian Accreditation Council (EGAC)
7. Bangladesh Accreditation Board (BAB)
8. Pakistan National Accreditation Council (PNAC)
9. Saudi Accreditation Committee (SAC)
SMIIC General Secretariat and Agence Des Normes et de la Qualite (ANOR) attended the Meeting as observer.
In the meeting, following resolutions were made:
SMIIC AC R1: 2014 SMIIC AC Multilateral Recognition Arrangements Requirements and Procedures for Evaluation of a Halal Accreditation Body is discussed item by item by SMIIC AC Members. The document is revised in accordance with the members’ views and approved.
- SMIIC AC R2: 2014 SMIIC Guidelines on Qualifications, Competence and Monitoring of Personnel Involved in Accreditation Activities is discussed item by item by SMIIC AC Members. The document is revised in accordance with the members’ views and approved.
- SMIIC AC R3: 2014 Cross-Frontier Accreditation Principles for Cooperation is discussed item by item by SMIIC AC Members. The document is revised in accordance with the members’ views and approved.
- It was decided to call up the SMIIC Standardization Department to contact with Technical Committee 1 (TC1) Joint Working Group to organize a meeting for the drafting work of OIC/SMIIC 2 and 3 Guidelines prepared by SMIIC AC which will be vital inputs for the SMIIC AC work.