Halal Sector Manager – Beef and Lamb
Looking for an exciting opportunity in the red meat sector? At AHDB we have a rare opportunity – we are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced food industry professional to manage delivery of our work in the Halal sector.
Based in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, you will work as part of a small, experienced team in the field dealing with our stakeholders, representative organisations and retailers to develop and deliver a wide range of projects to support the growth of the Halal sector. You will work closely with experts across the business in research, policy, trade and marketing.
About us – AHDB is a statutory levy organisation that equips farmers, growers and the supply chain with independent, evidence based tools and information to grow, become more competitive and sustainable. To learn more about AHDB – http://www.ahdb.org.uk/about/default.aspx
Key Responsibilities (please note this is not a list of each and every activity associated with these responsibilities):
- To be a point of contact for halal stakeholders
- To engage with the Halal sector to identify and deliver beneficial stakeholder activity
- Be recognised as an authority on the halal sector
- Identify opportunities to develop the sector in a positive fashion
- Work with the Head of Global Supply Chain to develop and deliver strategic projects with the Halal sector
- Liaise with other teams within AHDB to create awareness of the Halal sector
About you – with a broad background in red meat or food, you will be a first class communicator, understand the Halal sector, be capable of keeping numerous projects on track, and work well under pressure. You will understand the importance of outcomes, KPIs and the evaluation of proactive work, as you tackle a range of topics in this field.
Job Specific Activity (not a definitive list):
- Engage with individuals and groups of relevant stakeholders
- Organise activities such as promoting campaigns, trade and consumer events, seminars on behalf of the sector
- Understand consumer patterns to inform activity prioritisation
- Keep up to date with legislation and trends surrounding the Halal industry
- Promotional work within the team within the Global Supply Chain to show visibility of the Halal sector within Market Development
- Manage AHDB attendance and stands at relevant trade shows and wider events
The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as prescribed by the line manager as appropriate.
Our offer to you
- Apply your skills and knowledge in a high profile industry which is firmly on the national agenda
- Exposure to a dynamic, fast paced working environment with professional people
- Potential for career development
- The opportunity to develop leadership skills
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Salary: £35,000 – £37,000 Closing date Monday 16th January 2017
Please note to apply you must be a British citizen or be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship. All candidates will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK prior to interview.
So we know what role you’re applying for, please make the job title the subject of your email.
Because of the quality and quantity of the applications we get, we are unable to process applications from people who don’t follow this simple process. Also, if you’re representing a Recruitment Agency please note that we do not accept speculative applications. Unless we’ve contacted you to ask for your help, we want to hear from the individual directly.
We’d prefer you to send your application online rather than through the post. However, if you’re keen to send us a paper copy, please send it to:
Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)