Mondelez International is changing the way it sources the gelatine it uses in its candy products to secure flexibility of supply. Currently all products containing gelatine use bovine gelatine. In the future, they will contain either bovine or porcine gelatine.
Overtime this change will affect all of Mondelez’ candy products which currently contain gelatine.
From August 2016 the following products will be changed:
· Maynards Bassetts Jelly Babies
· Maynards Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts
· Maynards Bassetts Sports Mix
· Maynards Bassetts Midget Gems
· Maynards Bassetts Wine Pastilles
· Maynards Bassetts Mint Favourites
· Seasonal products under the Maynards Bassetts brand
· Sour Patch Kids
The change will then be made to the following products later this year:
· Maynards Bassetts Wine Gums
· The Natural Confectionery Company
· Maynards Bassetts Bertie’s Mix
· Maynards Bassetts Mint Imperials
· Maynards Bassetts Juicy Chews
“Gelatine” will be listed as an ingredient on the back of the pack, rather than “bovine gelatine” as previously listed.
Mondelez would like to clearly highlight to Muslim communities that this change is taking place and would advise you to share this information with the community to ensure anyone who does not eat pork, does not mistakenly eat one of these products which could now contain porcine gelatine.
Mondelez International still offers a wide range of products which are gelatine free.
For more information please click here <http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/mondelez-uk/documents/maynards-bassetts-range-may-now-contain-porcine-gelatine-58314> or feel free to contact me on email@example.com