STAMFORD, Conn.—Saffron Road™, the all-natural, antibiotic-free, hormone-free, halal-certified packaged food brand of American Halal Co, celebrated its brand’s one year anniversary.
Adnan Durrani, CEO of American Halal Co., said, “Our niche is not bound to just one category—ethnic, halal or all-natural, but transcends several dietary needs, making way for a more premium choice for consumers with sophisticated and unique tastes.”
In just one year, the Saffron Road brand has:
- Established their first retail partnership with natural food retailer Whole Foods Market®, and was the retailer’s debut into the U.S. halal market by being been rolled out nationally in all 11 of its regions.
- Produced four initial Indian entrees for nationwide distribution and drew thousands of consumers into Whole Foods Market stores to buy Saffron Road products in just its first four weeks. Since then, Saffron Road’s sales lift and consumer repurchases at store level have been robust.
- Launched at multiple trade shows such as the Fancy Food Show and Natural Products Expo.
- Earned numerous certifications and delivered on these pure claims: gluten-free, humane, antibiotic-ree and halal.
- Engaged social networks, iPhone apps, Facebook, Twitter followers and emotionally connected big time with halal and natural foods consumers—who were emboldened to become Saffron Road’s brand online advocates.
- Gained several awards and recognitions, including The Best Product Award by The Halal Journal at this year’s World Halal Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The brand’s Chicken Tikka Masala entrée was proclaimed a HIT by The Supermarket Guru, Phil Lempurt and at the 2011 Winter Fancy Food Show the brand was named “One of the Top 10 Hottest Products” to watch in 2011.
- Secured more than 1,500 grocery retail partners and are slated to be in more than 4,000 stores this year
- Increased its product line from four to 12 products, including eight frozen entrees and four frozen chicken products
“This first year has truly been amazing—from identifying supportive retail partners who share our values and understand our market, to the outstanding consumer advocacy,” said Jack Acree, executive vice president of American Halal Co. “Our higher standard of ethical consumerism is resonating with both the grocery trade and consumers.”