Since its inception in 2006, the World Halal Forum has been attended by leading stakeholders in the Halal sector from all over the world, and it is recognised by many as the most important Halal industry event. Major multinationals, government agencies from both the Muslim and non-Muslim world, Islamic organisations, SME’s and entrepreneurs all come together at the World Halal Forum, and the outcome of these events over the past few years has had a major influence on the development of the Halal markets around the world.
Resolutions from the World Halal Forum in Malaysia have given rise to important Halal-sector developments such as the creation of the International Halal Integrity Alliance that is now developing ISO 45011-compliant Halal standards under the auspices of the Organisation of Islamic Conference and the Islamic Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
For the first time, this event is being held in London. Given the recent surge in interest and controversy surrounding Halal-related topics in the UK and Europe, the importance of the WHF Europe cannot be overstressed. Given the speakers and delegates who have confirmed their attendance, we anticipate that there will be resolutions passed at the WHF Europe in November that will have a significant impact on the future development of the Halal markets in Europe and the West.
Issues under discussion include:
• Unlabelled Halal food in mainstream supply
• Proposed EU legislation that will stigmatise Halal and Kosher products
• Latest updates from the Dialrel project on religious slaughter
• Problems for manufacturers and the legal implications of religious labelling
• The need for accreditation agencies to monitor the Halal certification process, especially in non-Muslim countries
• Managing perception of Halal-related issues in the media
• Cutting edge developments in marketing using online and social media
• Emerging new sectors such as travel, hospitality and pharmaceuticals
• Emerging threats such as GMO and cloning in the Halal sector
The WHF Europe is likely to be the opening of a new chapter in the development of this powerful new market arena that caters to the large – and increasing – numbers of Halal consumers in the western world.
Normal delegate rates are 475 GBP, but HalalFocus has been able to negotiate a very generous discounted rate of 300 GBP for our readers. That’s over 35% discount and a saving of 175 pounds!
This includes all sessions of the 2-day forum, plus all conference materials, refreshments and lunches. This not just a great deal, it is also a great opportunity to network with Halal sector professionals from around the world, and to influence the future development of the Halal industry in Europe.
To take advantage of this Special Offer, just fill in your details here, quoting ‘WHFE-HF offer’ as the subject, and we will forward you the registration forms by return.
For more information and programme details, please visit www.worldhalalforum.org