The 2nd edition of World Halal Tourism Awards has extended its deadline of nomination until 21st October due to overwhelming requests received from partners, industry colleagues and travel & tourism professionals. The extension of deadline for nomination will give companies, government bodies and other travel and tourism related companies ample time to cast their nomination.
The nomination started on 11th September 2016 across 16 award categories, including Best Halal Tour Operator, Best Family Friendly Hotel and World’s Best Non OIC Emerging Halal Destination, to name a few.
The World Halal Tourism Awards is the first award giving body to solely represent the halal and family-friendly travel and tourism industry. Andy Buchanan, Executive Organising Committee Director – International Travel Week – Abu Dhabi, says, “Due to overwhelming requests from several companies, government bodies and partners, we are extending the deadline for nomination to accommodate more entries for each categories. We kindly invites those who have yet to submit a nomination to do so as soon as possible.”
The winners and runners-up of the 2016 World Halal Tourism Awards will be announced at a glittering ceremony on 7th December 2016.
The World Halal Tourism Awards 2016 categories are:
1. World’s Best Airline for Halal Travellers
2. World’s Best Airport for Halal Travellers
3. World’s Best Family Friendly Hotel
4. World’s Most Luxurious Family Friendly Hotel
5. World’s Best Halal Apartment Hotel
6. World’s Best Halal Beach Resort
7. World’s Best Halal Tour Operator
8. World’s Best Halal Travel Website
9. World’s Best Halal Cruise Company
10. World’s Best Halal Honeymoon Destination
11. World’s Best Hajj & Umrah Operator
12. World’s Best Hajj & Umrah Hotel
13. World’s Best Halal Destination
14. World’s Best Halal Culinary Destination
15. World’s Best Halal Cultural Destination
16. World’s Best Non OIC Emerging Halal Destination
With the adjustments on dates, the shortlist of nominees will be announced on 23rd October after which the public voting will open on 24th October and will close on 11th November 2016.