Along with halal authorities and global experts, executives at the helm of large Brazilian companies with experience in producing and exporting halal products will join the Global Halal Brazil (GHB) business forum next week from December 6 to 8 in a hybrid format.
The Keynote Opening speech will be given by The President of Brazil : Michel Temer. Temer, of Lebanese descent, will address the economic prospects for the halal market.
Confirmed speakers include Marfrig CEO Miguel Gularte Seara president João Campos. Among the experts, Lardi & Partner Consulting CEO Kamales Lardi (pictured) of Malaysia will participate.
Brazil is a solid supplier of halal animal protein, a field in which the companies mentioned above operate. The forum aims to take the country to a new level in the halal market to operate in more segments and export halal-certified services and products to a more substantial number of nations. The event is organized by the Arab Brazilian Chamber of Commerce (ABCC) and the Federation of Muslim Associations in Brazil (FAMBRAS Halal), sponsored by the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil).
Executives from large Brazilian beef and poultry exporting companies will speak on the panel “Traceability and Trust – Technology for halal food safety” on Tuesday morning, December 7.
But from the first day, the event will discuss and bring the views and assessments of business people, authorities, and specialists in halal production from Brazil and abroad.
The forum’s three main topics will be:
- Brazil’s role and its opportunities and challenges in halal
- Innovation and technology in halal
- and halal’s connections to sustainability.
Participants at the opening event will be:
- president of the ABCC, Osmar Chohfi;
- president of FAMBRAS Halal, Mohamed Zoghbi;
- president of Apex-Brasil, Augusto Pestana
- president of the Islamic Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Agriculture, of Saudi Arabia (ICCIA), Abdullah Saleh Kamel
- Palestinian ambassador and dean of the Council of Arab Ambassadors to Brazil, Ibrahim Alzeben.
During the three days of the event, the speakers and moderators of the sessions will include:
- manager of International Integration Policies of the Brazilian National Confederation of Industry (CNI), Fabrizio Sardelli Panzini
- CEO of OneAgrix, Diana Sabrain
- professor Kamola Bayram, from Turkey, named one of the most influential women in Islamic finance in 2020 by Cambridge IFA
- manager of the Halal Trade & Marketing Centre of the United Arab Emirates, Tomás Guerrero
Learn about a new phase for halal starting in Brazil, and Brazil preparing to become a Muslim friendly tourism hub.
Also speaking will be the Secretary of Commerce and International Relations of the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, and Food Supply, Orlando Leite Ribeiro; the director of the Agribusiness Department of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Alexandre Peña Ghisleni; the president of the Brazilian Beef Exporters Association (ABIEC), Antônio Jorge Camardelli; the founder and CEO of LBB International Malaysia, Marco Tieman; and the CEO of the Islamic Chamber Halal Certification Services (ICHCS), Ashraf El Tanbouly; among many other specialists.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the on-site event will be open to a select group of guests at the Renaissance Hotel in the capital city of São Paulo. However, it will be possible to join the event online from anywhere in the world. There will be simultaneous translation into Portuguese and English.
The forum will occur from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm BRT, 3:00 pm to 8:30 pm GST.