Former Malaysian Prime Minister, YABhg Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi presented the prestigious Halal Journal Awards to eight of the industry’s movers and shakers at The 6th Halal Journal Awards Gala Dinner held to honour and celebrate the success within the global Halal industry.
The Halal Journal Awards, first awarded in 2006, are the Halal industry’s most prestigious and sought after Awards. They are a symbol of excellence and distinction and mark milestone achievements within the industry. They also serve as a barometer on the progress of the global Halal industry as a whole.
“The Halal Journal Awards night creates a focal point for the industry to refer to for best practices and to be inspired. Most importantly, it is a night of celebration and acknowledgement of the companies and individuals who have pushed themselves to elevate industry standards through their visionary leadership”, said Hajjah Jumaatun Azmi, Founder and Managing Director of KasehDia Sdn Bhd, in her speech addressing over 500 guests from across the world.
The 6th Halal Journal Awards paid tribute to eight companies and individuals from around the world for their outstanding initiatives in eight categories. The winners are:
- Best Product: Saffron Road, USA
- Most Creative Marketing Campaign: HSBC Amanah Malaysia
- Best Islamic Financial Service or Product: Thomson Reuters (Islamic Finance Gateway), USA
- Community & Environmental Development: Ecologico Packaging, Malaysia
- Travel & Hospitality: De Palma Hotel, Malaysia
- Best Service Provider: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, New Zealand
- Best Innovation in Halal Industry: Saracen UK Ltd., UK
- Outstanding Personal Achievement: Dr. Temple Grandin, USA
Nominations for The Halal Journal Awards came from all over the world including the United Kingdom, United States of America, New Zealand, Malaysia, and Kuwait and were judged by a jury of Halal industry specialists based on set criteria of innovation, vision, impact and benefit for the Halal industry as a whole.
The Halal Journal Awards 2011 was attended by dignitaries, Malaysia’s high society as well as World Halal Forum delegates, partners and guests. The dinner event was organised by The Halal Journal Awards Secretariat, KasehDia Sdn Bhd.