THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, April 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ —
– Malaysia International Halal Showcase (MIHAS) Poised as the World’s Largest Halal trade fair
MIHAS 2011 will be kicking off its 8th showcase from April 6 to 9 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Embracing the theme “Expanding your business horizon,” MIHAS 2011 aims to reach out to the halal players in the international market.
Over the past seven years, MIHAS has succeeded in creating extensive business opportunities and networking for various halal industry players worldwide. MIHAS has also been the focal point for global traders, entrepreneurs and manufacturers to promote and launch their halal products and services.
Being positioned as an exclusive halal exhibition, MIHAS attracts a following of steadfast exhibitors and visitors. It embraces the all encompassing halal concept ranging from food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, toiletries, herbal products, cosmetics, packaging, banking and insurance.
The success of MIHAS in the past seven years have been proven through the participation of numerous foreign countries occupying more than 600 booths annually and generated a total sales of US$400 million in 2010 . “Over 32000 trade visitors from 81 countries visited MIHAS 2010. With the global economic recovery, MIHAS 2011 is expected to achieve record level in term of sales, exhibitors & visitors,” said Ms. Rusiah Mohamed, Trade Commissioner of MATRADE Rotterdam.
In conjunction with MIHAS 2011, MATRADE will be organising an Incoming Buying Mission (IBM) which will be held from 5 to 6 April at Menara MATRADE, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This programme is an integral component of MIHAS, which acts as a platform for Malaysian exporters and foreign exhibitors to meet with international buyers. MIHAS 2011 is expected to attract over 500 buyers from 50 countries.
The international business community is urged to participate in MIHAS 2011 which has established itself as the premier event frequented by the Halal business community around the globe.
The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) was established on March 1, 1993 as the national trade promotion agency of Malaysia and an arm of Malaysia’s Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). Its functions are:
– To promote, assist and develop Malaysia’s external trade with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and services;
– To formulate and implement export marketing strategies and trade promotion activities to promote Malaysia’s export;
– To undertake commercial intelligence and market research and create a comprehensive database of information for the improvement and development of Malaysia’s trade;
– To organise training programmes to improve the international marketing skills of Malaysian exporters;
– To enhance and protect Malaysia’s international trade investment abroad; and
– To promote, facilitate and assist in the services areas related to trade.
Website : http://www.matrade.gov.my