A new M&S halal range announced in the UK has been confirmed as destined for Asia. The launch of halal-certified ready-meals will make the retailer the first major English supplier in the category.
M&S Food is changing to become more relevant, more often to families across Britain,” said M&S Food MD Stuart Machin. “Our new Halal meal range is a great example of how we are broadening appeal so that more customers can enjoy our delicious, quality food.”
Whilst some major retailers are starting to stock halal meat, there are still very few opportunities to eat different flavor foods,” said one M&S store manager Simon Pollitt Khan, “such as Italian or more traditional British dishes – in a convenient halal format.”
The move follows M&S earlier stocking Shazans halal chicken items, which have proved successful in some outlets.
In the UK the M&S halal range and pricing is as follows:
- Chicken Arrabbiata – £2.50
- Chicken & Roasted Mushroom Tagliatelle – £2.50
- Chicken, Leek and Potato Bake – £3.50
- Chicken and Vegetable Hotpot – £3.50
- Chicken Jalfrezi and Rice – £3.50
- Chicken Tikka Masala and Rice – £3.50